Jefferson Jaguars Football
Health & Fitness Information/Resources
A concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury that is characterized by a myriad of symptoms, clinical presentations, and recovery trajectories.
Please contact Jefferson athletic trainer Kyle Pelzer (cell: 763-742-9336 Email: email@example.com) if a concussion is suspected.
For further recommendations and resources call 952-456-7777 to schedule an appointment with a Twin Cities Orthopedics (TCO) sports medicine physician.
TCO offers comprehensive concussion treatment and management services. TCO physicians specialize in concussion management from evaluation and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation. Each physician works directly with patients and TCO team members to create an individualized treatment plan and help speed recovery.
4010 West 65th St
Edina, MN, 55435
1000 W 140th St, #201
Burnsville, MN, 55337
School telephone number: 952-806-7772
Cell phone number: 763-742-9336
This is Jefferson’s strength and conditioning program
To be sure your body is running as efficiently as possible, here is some nutrition information to help you select good choices for meals. NOTE: The sample meals and snacks are just suggestions. The main idea is to eat healthy, so you keep your energy level up!
• Whole wheat bagel w/ peanut butter
• Yogurt w/ granola
• Egg white omelet with turkey or ham and cheese (can mix in fresh veggies)
• Fruit smoothie with protein powder
• Whole wheat toast
• Cereal (avoid those high in sugar)
•Fruit (bananas can help with muscle cramps)
• Meat sandwich on multi-grain or whole wheat bread
• Chicken breast
• Pita or wrap filled with meat, cheese, fresh veggies, or really anything fresh
• Cold pasta noodles with fresh veggies, chicken breast, tuna or crab (go light on the dressing)
• String cheese
• Fresh salad (add favorite toppings)
• Peanut butter sandwich
• Pasta with marinara sauce
• Chicken breast (preferably grilled)
• Fresh fruit and veggies
• Seafood (shrimp, crab, lobster, tuna)
• Brown rice (can add veggies or meat)
• Black beans
• Turkey burger
• Fruit & Veggies
• Dried fruit
• Granola bar
• Fruit smoothie
• String cheese
• Banana w/ peanut butter
• Protein shake
•Reduced fat popcorn
•Hard boiled eggs
JEFFERSON JAGUARS FOOTBALL
Bloomington Jefferson High School • 4001 West 102nd Street • Bloomington, MN • 55437 • Jeffersonfootball.org
Passion. Pride. Commitment.